clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

Progetto-Snaps - snapshots all sets are missing?

(1/3) > >>

Interceptor:
I have downloaded the 0.205 Full-Set and the pS_Snap_20190120_(cm).dat

First confusing thing is that all the tuts say it needs to be one zip file put the download has snap_1.7z and snap_2.7z.
Do i need to unpack them and then make a zip?

The problem is that if i make a zip that i miss 177 sets and 35046 ROMs.
If i unpack all png's in one folder i get the message that the rompath is empty.

Roman:
Most likely your setup is incorrect.

Keep in mind the officially supported storing methods:

rompath\setname\file 1 ... file n for decompressed sets
rompath\setname.zip (or .rar/.7z) where the archive contains the singe files for the specific set.

Now progetto snaps/flyers/etc are usually organized in 1 set holding all pngs in it.....

So let's take for example a decompressed progretto flyers collection. The setname in the flyers dat is: tadaaa "flyers"
So...your rompath must a parent of it, for example: F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers

So you got a full file structure like:
F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers\flyers\pacman.png

For compressed sets you have
F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers\flyers.zip (.rar/.7z)

For progetto snaps it's recommended to turn off scanner's fix-missing option by the way...otherwise it can take very very long for some scan/fix runs.

Interceptor:
I did now download the titles and there are also two files (titles_1.7z, titles_2.7z)?

My path is: "R:\MAME\Extras\snap\snap.zip"
And rompath in clrmamepro is: "R:\MAME\Extras\snap\"

Roman:
Well, the progetto archives are split up into various packages...you need to combine them...

The (non softwarelist) titles (snapshot) datfile holds one set "snap"

So again you end with:

F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Snap\snap\pacman.png (and so on for decompressed sets)

F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Snap is the rompath
snap is the set name which holds the single files

for compressed you need
rompath\setname.zip or rompath\setname.7z or rompath\setname.rar
so using the upper example
F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Snap\snap.zip where the zip holds the single pngs...

Interceptor:
I don't get it.

First thing to clarify is:
What do to with the snap_1.7z and snap_2.7z or titles_1.7z and titles_2.7z
I HAVE TO extract them because MAME does not recognize snap_1.7z and snap_2.7z if i put this two files in the snap directory.
I also can build a zip from all this extracted png's and that zip works in MAME.
But validating that zip with clrmamepro and pS_Snap_20190120_(cm).dat does not work (missing almost everything)?
Validating against a folder where i have snap_1.7z and snap_2.7z does not work (The following not empty rompaths don't contain any valid set)

Why do i need to combine them?
Maybe i only want Snapshots and Titles and don't care for Bosses and Ends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version