EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help  (Read 8601 times)

dugg8

• Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.5.8 Mac OS X 10.5.8
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 7.0.517.44 Chrome 7.0.517.44
    • View Profile
Help
« on: 01 December 2010, 02:36 »

I'm currently running MAME .140 and I'm having difficulty with one game. The error message from the audit contains several files that are "NOT FOUND". I've attempted to run CLRMAME many times in order to 'fix' the missing files. I've scoured through the many guides and understand the concept of what needs to be done but executing is a different story. Any ideas....

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2010, 08:19 »

Well, if MAME says "NOT FOUND", you're missing a file. clrmamepro can't magically create them for you. (well, if you got it somewhere it will find it for you though).

General quick start:

"Profiler->Create" to get romset data information from your mame executable. If prompts appear, click "yes to all"
"Settings->Path selector" setup your rom path (and optionally samples path if you use them)
"Scanner" -> select your prefered merge mode (if you don't know how your sets are merged, keep split-merged) and hit new scan....then look what's wrong with your sets. You can enable the fix options (right beside the check-checkboxes) and hit scan again to get the fixable issues fixed). If you do this you most likely end up with the stuff which is not fixable...for example: missing files.
Then you need to search them and you can use cmpro to add them to your collection (e.g. via rebuilder or scanner's fix missing option in combination with add-paths/settings)

dugg8

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.12 Firefox 3.6.12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2010, 15:36 »

I'll try it.

Thanks for the explanation

dugg8

• Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.5.8 Mac OS X 10.5.8
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2010, 04:06 »

I followed the step by step process and after the preliminary scan I checked all the boxes. The statistics at the end of the scan show that it 'fixed' the rom that I was using as a test. When I check the ROM folder where mame resides, there are 20 new folders all containing the files that are not being found by MAME. At this point do I use the builder?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2010, 08:30 »

Ah...sounds like you had fix-missing enabled.

If cmpro sees that a file is missing, it checks if it finds it somewhere
(e.g. in defined addpaths, in your backup folder and in other sets you already have).

Since there are several files which are shared through dozens of sets, fix-missing finds them and creates them in the set where it was missing. This doesn't mean you get a full set of course.

The Rebuilder is something which can be used to convert collections from one datasource to another (e.g. Kawaks To Mame, etc). It checks any found source file and -if it matches something in your currently loaded dat- it creates all instances of it in the destination.
The rebuilder can also be used as an Adder. Rebuilder destination should point to your current collection then....then you can easily drag'n drop new, not cleaned, unknown files into the rebuilder (or scanner) window, and cmpro adds them to their belonging place...or skips them if they don't match anything useful.

By the way, the statistics screen isn't something you really need....the more important thing is the scanner tree output since it tells you in detail what's wrong with your sets. If nothing is listed anymore there, you're done ;)

By default, all sets are being scanned and reported...so if you only got 1 set, the rest of the 8000 are being reported as fully missing....you can hide such entries or can even limit the number of sets to scan....but that's something for tomorrow (or read the forum sticky items).
« Last Edit: 02 December 2010, 08:42 by Roman »

dugg8

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.12 Firefox 3.6.12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2010, 16:37 »

Basically since I'm missing files for just 1 game and it happens to be the only game in the folder it won't be able to find the files it needs to "fix" the rom. RIght?
« Last Edit: 02 December 2010, 16:43 by dugg8 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2010, 20:02 »

well, so most likely some files of your 1 set are used by different sets (usually proms)...so fix missing created them.....

As mentioned, cmpro can't magically create missing files...if you really miss one, you need to find it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.

anything