clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

i can exclude some specific roms from scanning ??

(1/2) > >>

DjDiabolik:
On my little mame collection i have a lot (about 6 o 7 files) need the .chd files.
As these roms are parts of all games "NOT WORKING" (for bad dumps or similar) I decided not to use the file for conserve a lot of HDD space.

So every scanner i see this romset appears on scanner result......... my question it's i can exclude this specific file in some mode ??

*EDIT*
for the record i need to exclude this file:

--- Code: ---mtchxl5k
mtchxl5ko
mtchxl5ko2
mtchxlgld
mtchxlgldo
mtchxlti
pesta

--- End code ---
It's possible ?

Roman:
you're talking about sets, not roms.
Sets can be enabled/disabled in Scanner->Scan Results->Set Information (button bottom left)

Single roms of a set can only be removed on datfile level.

DjDiabolik:

--- Quote from: Roman on 06 March 2022, 07:35 ---you're talking about sets, not roms.
Sets can be enabled/disabled in Scanner->Scan Results->Set Information (button bottom left)

Single roms of a set can only be removed on datfile level.

--- End quote ---
lol sorry me confusion but yeah i always made a lot of confusion on my head when i need to to distinguish this....

so if i want to disable these singles roms from scanning i can made a copy of current dat (0.241) and modify that deleting that entries ?
is it simple to do this? I need to obtain the xml from official mame.exe or i can modify the dat actually i have on my clrmamepro ? if so, where do I locate it ? I have tryed to look inside datfile and there's a file called mame.dat but it's not the file i need.

Inside cache folder i have two files.. one it's about 60MB but i can't edit whit notepad++.......

*EDIT*
apparently clrmamepro has a similar function... but you get exactly the opposite of what I would like to do.
I try this:
1 - I have saved this 7 roms name in a text file called toexclude.txt
2 - Open "Set Information" from Scanner and use the function "From File"

When i click on LOAD this specific 7 roms are be selected correctly :)

But apparently there's no way to do the "reverse operation" for example when after you use "Select All" and deselect some roms from same file.
I have tryed to:
1- Use "Select All"
2- Use "From File" and click "Unload"... no work ...

Roman:
Again...mtchxl5k, mtchxl5ko, mtchxl5ko2 etc are sets, not roms...

so simply go to scanner->scan results -> set information

Enter "mtchxl5k;mtchxl5ko;....." (semicolon separated) in Select Sets
hit Apply
hit Invert
and tick "initial invert"

You only need to modify the dat if you want to exclude ROMS, not SETS.

DjDiabolik:

--- Quote from: Roman on 09 March 2022, 14:44 ---Again...mtchxl5k, mtchxl5ko, mtchxl5ko2 etc are sets, not roms...

so simply go to scanner->scan results -> set information

Enter "mtchxl5k;mtchxl5ko;....." (semicolon separated) in Select Sets
hit Apply
hit Invert
and tick "initial invert"

You only need to modify the dat if you want to exclude ROMS, not SETS.

--- End quote ---
And i say i have a lot of confusion....... ok it's sets.

Now.. From "Set Information" i do this:
1 - Click "Select None"
2 - On "Select Sets" i have put this string "mtchxl5k;mtchxl5ko;mtchxl5ko2;mtchxlgld;mtchxlgldo;mtchxlti;pesta" (whitout "")
3 - Click on "Apply" and only this sets are correctly selected.

At this point if i click on "Invert" i can do a "All Sets" Scanner whitout this sets...... ok.. this is ok.

But it's possible to obtain a similar result but starting from "Avail. Sets" enabled (or using only the "Avail. Sets" selected) ? You have some suggestion ?

I have tryed to click on "Avail. Sets" -> "Apply" no good (ever whit same string inserted on "Select Sets").
Click on "Avail. Sets" -> Tick "Initial Invert" no good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version