EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong names for CHDs folders  (Read 4778 times)

kkkita

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 50.0 Firefox 50.0
    • View Profile
Wrong names for CHDs folders
« on: 28 December 2016, 07:55 »

Hi everyone,

I have using ClrMame since its first versions (with MAME 0.30), and I find it to be perfect. Thanks a lot for such a fantastic program.

Recently I'm having a little problem with CHDs and merged sets, and maybe I have done something wrong, because it seems that I'm the only one with this problem, which started with version 4.031, I think.

I use a specific folder for CHDs, with subfolders for the different parent sets containing parent and clones CHDs (for example, the folder area51 contains area51.chd and area51t.chd). Now, when I scan the sets I get a message about wrong names for some folders (50 of 476) and ClrMame is suggesting to use the name of a clone set for this folder, even when the CHDs is the same one for the parent and clone sets.

For example,  for "firefox" which has a clone set "firefoxa" and only one CHD, the error is:
wrong name: D:\MAME\CHDs\firefox [wrong: D:\MAME\CHDs\firefox] [right: firefoxa] [not fixed]

Another issue that maybe related to the previous one is that I get several messages about "wrong SysDefPath" because some subfolders should be in the roms folder instead of in the CHDs folder. For this, I guess that it's my fault because the CHDs should be in the roms folder and not in a different folder, since I set all the systems to be stored in the roms folder. Solved, it was my fault as I guessed.

Thanks for all your work, and Roman enjoy your holidays!!!!
« Last Edit: 28 December 2016, 08:29 by kkkita »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong names for CHDs folders
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2016, 09:38 »

I will be back on Jan 1st. so I can't look into this now.

In the meantime you can send me cmpro.ini and the to the profile belonging files from cmpros settings and datfile folder

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2017, 19:44 »

hmm...I can't repeat your described problem. So your cmpro.ini and settings/datfiles would be helpful.

Did you enable all sets?
On which system do you run cmpro (linux/mac/windows)?
For the sets in question, can you check the rompaths if folders/archives exist multiple times or describe (e.g. for firefox) what file is stored where?

kkkita

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2017, 09:18 »

Good morning Roman,

I thought it was a good idea not to send the attachments until you were back. Attached you have both files.

These days, I've been trying different options with a fresh CMpro folder and a fresh MAME folder with only 2 sets (area51 and area51t) and I can reproduce the same problem. Both CHDs are placed in D:\MAME\CHDs\area51 and the romfile area51.7z is placed in D:\MAME\roms (all my rom files are 7z).

If I don't use system folders the scan is perfect for both sets but if I enable them I get the "Fix wrong set name" error (attached JPEG). With only 2 sets the system folder is the roms folder for all sets. When using all the roms I have a folder for roms (roms) and another one for mechanical sets (mechanical).

I think the problem is related to the way CHDs are scanned when system folders are enabled, because I also get the warning about "wrong SysDefPath" when some subfolders should be in the roms folder instead of in the CHDs folder ("2spicy" is one example).

Last, about the system, I'm using Windows 7 64bits and CMPro 4.031c with all enabled sets.

I hope this information can be useful.

Thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: 03 January 2017, 09:21 by kkkita »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2017, 10:10 »

Thanks for the files....I was able to create an environment where I can repeat the problem.

The basic problem is indeed the usage of system default paths.

You can't really use system default paths *AND* a split of CHDs. Both the chd and the roms belong to the "Standard" system.

When cmpro finds area51 (roms) the assigned sysdefpath everything is fine. However if it then sees the area51 folder (chds), the assigned system default path doesn't match anymore and cmpro complains (yes, the message which is prompted is misleading...and that indeed changed a while ago when a problem for softwarelists was fixed).

So...you need to turn off the use of system default paths if you want to keep chds in one folder and roms in a different one.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2017, 10:20 by Roman »

kkkita

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2017, 10:20 »

Thanks Roman, as you can imagine this is not a serious problem and we can wait all the time you need  :)

You were faster than me.... and of course your solution is the one I thought, not using system paths.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: 03 January 2017, 10:24 by kkkita »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2017, 10:22 »

I've updated the post in between...so please reread ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.