EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: wrong merging logic with new MAME 0.162 (MESS/MAME together) - another bug  (Read 22680 times)

Balteck

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.101 Chrome 53.0.2785.101
    • View Profile

Here I am with test result.

Very goog good news. The last cmpro did wonderful scan.
It found many wrong named/unneeded/double roms that before. With order:

1) in "softlist\alice32" cmpro found "coloric.7z" that is a clone of "colormac.7z". It asks for rename to "colormac.7z". Because "colormac.7z" already exists, it moves "coloric.7z" in backup folder instead of renaming it or adding it in "colomarc.7z". With rebuilder function on backup folder as source, cmpro added coloric rom inside "colormac.7z" archive.
In this way cmpro found all orphaned files I have. Some files (like coloric) were a clone 7z that's not present in parent set, some other files were a clone 7z that's also present in parent 7z archive.

2) in "softlist\psx", cmpro found "hatsukoi" folder that contains "hatsukoi barentain (japan) [slps-00831].chd" and renamed the folder in "hatsuval".
In this way it found other PSX and saturn CHDs in wrong (old named set for previous mame) folder and renamed them accordingly to .177 named set.

3) Gakuen King CHD is reported correctly in any way (miss one, both misses, both presents)

4) happyfrt and many others removed in last mame are correctly found as uneeded and moved in backup folder.

But stangely, cmpro didn't renamed "softlist\psx\burningr\burning road (japan) [slps-00518].chd" in "softlist\psx\broad\burning road (japan) [slps-00518].chd", but it detected wrong path and moved the CHD in "softlist\saturn\burningr". A second pass with scanner deletes "burning road (japan) [slps-00518].chd" from "softlist\saturn\burningr". So I moved "burning road (japan) [slps-00518].chd" in generic roms folder from backup folder and in third pass with scanner cmpro moved it in the right folder (softlist\psx\broad).

So I'm very happy that my collection is a clean full merge set and I have no more orphaned files around or false missing CHD because they stay in unknown folders

Good work (as usual)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Chrome 53.0.2785.116
    • View Profile

Wooaah....so much names, so much text.. ;-) So 1-3 is all good and what you expect?
Regarding the "but strangely" part in 4), well a rename can fail (e.g. destination already exist, 7z solid archives etc etc..blabalbalba). I did a test here here with burnding road in psx and the move to saturn worked fine.

So....I guess I can make a new release on the weekend now that you're happy

Balteck

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I did a test here here with burnding road in psx and the move to saturn worked fine.

What I found strange is:

during scan, cmpro found in softlist\psx the folder hatsukoi tagging it as wrong name, so it renamed it as hatsuval. (right choice)
then cmpro found in softlist\saturn the folder bakushou tagging it as wrong name, so it renamed it as yoquizdx. (right choice)
then cmpro found in softlist\psx the folder burningr tagging it as wrong path, so it moved it in softlist\saturn\burningr (wrong choice, infact in second scan it deleted the moved CHD)

3 wrong named set, but 2 different treatment.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Chrome 53.0.2785.116
    • View Profile

well, I know the reason for this...but I'm too tired to explain it here.
I will see if I can find a solution over the weekend.

Balteck

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Thank you very much. Don't be in hurry only for me.

When you want (if you wish) send me a PM to explain the reason.
I'm very curious and I like to be a good beta-tester

Thank you again for the very quick fixes
« Last Edit: 23 September 2016, 19:01 by Balteck »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 19 queries.

anything